Hima 240: principles of health care reimbursement methodologies
Prepare a revenue cycle plan for a community hospital. Include the following information in your plan:
- Evaluation of clinical data required for payment and reimbursement systems (PPS, DRG, RBRVS, RUGs, VBP, Billing/insurance plans).
- Explanation of chargemaster and claims management applications and processes.
- Assess effect on healthcare finance of revenue management (cost reporting, budget variances).
- Summarize revenue cycle management and reporting processes (CCI, X12N).
- Evaluation of severity of illness and how it impacts the healthcare payment systems.
The format of this plan is like a policy and procedure but is a longer document. Compile your document based on the findings and collection of information for each of the requirements.