Mgt 550 week 5 chapter 5 quiz
MGT 550 Week 5 Chapter 5 Quiz
- In the context of mechanisms for institutional adaptation, benchmarking is a:
- The traditional adversarial orientation is characterized by loose performance measures, equity, and fair dealing.
- The niche is usually large in the early stages of an organization and reduces in size over time.
- _____ are the external pressures exerted on an organization to adopt structures, techniques, or behaviors similar to other organizations.
- _____ is defined as the general perspective that an organization’s actions are desirable, proper, and appropriate within the environment’s system of norms, values, and belief.
- According to the population-ecology view, when looking at an organizational population as a whole, the changing environment determines which organizations survive or fail.
- Interorganizational linkages encourage risk taking.
- Getwel Corp. and Sebastian Inc. are two computer manufacturers that share with each other the details of commonly occurring issues and customer complaints. This enables them to work together and provide better service to their customers and also saves the time required to diagnose the issues. Which of the following does this scenario illustrate?
- Acquisition offers the greatest amount of control over joint outcomes.
- The goal of supply sourcing is to reduce risk and overdependence on one company in the supply chain.
- Which of the following is a reason for a mimetic process to occur in an organization?
- A strategic alliance is more formal and binding than a joint venture.
- _____ is the process that causes one unit in a population to resemble other units that face the same set of environmental conditions.
- Which of the following statements is true about mimetic forces?
- All of the following except _____ are the stages of the population ecology model of organizations.
- The social basis for the mimetic process is that the innovations are culturally supported.
- In resource-dependence relationships, large independent companies have power over smaller suppliers or partners.
- A system formed by the interaction of a community of organizations and their environment is referred to as a(n):
- Which of the following is an assumption of the population-ecology perspective?
- Which of the following statements is true about the population-ecology perspective?