Week 6 discussion | Psychology homework help
Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resources on your own before you bid. Main references come from American Psychiatric Association. (2013) and/or Kress, V. E., & Paylo, M. J. (2019). You need to have scholarly support for any claim of fact or recommendation regarding treatment. Grammar, Writing, and APA Format: I expect you to write professionally, which means APA format, complete sentences, proper paragraphs, and well-organized and well-documented presentation of ideas. Remember to use scholarly research from peer-reviewed articles that are current. Sources such as Wikipedia, Ask.com, PsychCentral, and similar sites are never acceptable. Please remember that resources used must be from peer-reviewed resources such as academic journals. The assigned textbook and the DSM-5 are required for all assignments (i.e., cite and reference the textbook and DSM-5 in every assignment). As a general rule, web sites are not peer-reviewed except those which are online journal articles. Therefore, it is advisable for you to avoid using these websites as resources. Walden Library offers many peer-reviewed articles which pertain to the topics covered. While not required to use these articles, you should select a couple which you find interesting and which support your critical thinking and analysis.
Please follow the instructions to get full credit for the discussion. Please look at all the attachments. I need this completed by 10/07/20 at 5pm.
Discussion – Week 6
Top of Form
Diagnosis of Andrew
This week, you have an opportunity to put your diagnostic skills to practice while also receiving feedback from your peers. In real-world counseling practice, case consultation and staff discussions are essential to sound mental health practice, so it is important to feel comfortable giving and receiving feedback related to diagnosis.
To prepare for the Discussion:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources.
- To assist with your understanding with what should be included in a case conceptualization, review the case study of Caden provided in the Learning Resources.
- Read Andrew’s case study in Kress and Paylo (2019).
- Assess and diagnose Andrew.
By Day 3
Post a brief summary of Andrew using the following format:
- Case Conceptualization (Include specific information about client symptoms and presenting concerns.)
- Diagnostic Impressions (Be sure to use the ICD-10 code, name of the disorder, and all specifiers.)
- Rationale for Diagnostic Impressions (Include the diagnostic impressions using the DSM-5 to link the client’s symptoms to the diagnostic criteria for each diagnosis that you render. If you do not render a diagnosis, you still must use the DSM-5 to explain why you chose not to render a diagnosis.)
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.
Bottom of Form
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
- Section II, “Neurocognitive Disorders”
- Section II, “Elimination Disorders”
Kress, V. E., & Paylo, M. J. (2019). Treating those with mental disorders: A comprehensive approach to case conceptualization and treatment (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Pearson.
- Chapter 12, “Disruptive, Impulse-Control, and Conduct Disorders, and Elimination Disorders”